The academic year, which runs from September to June, is divided into two semesters. Each semester is further divided into two quarters. Report cards are posted for the parents at the end of each quarter. Each student also receives a printed copy of her report card.
Overbrook Academy sets high, yet attainable, academic expectations for its students. We strive to help the students acquire:
• A greater proficiency in the English language as her second language, which includes reading, writing, and speaking English with the greatest possible fluency.
• A wealth of knowledge in general culture and the particular disciplines; a firm grounding in math and the sciences and in the scientific method
• An ability to think, speak and write clearly, coherently, precisely, attractively and persuasively
• Mature thinking, reasoning and communicating skills which are built upon a keen sense of perception and a sharp memory
• A capacity for reflection and imagination, as well as those technological and inquiry skills intrinsic to the exact and social sciences
• Study habits essential for ongoing intellectual formation after graduation-- including concentration and critical thinking, perseverance, and a desire to produce high-quality work
Overbrook Academy’s educational program is accredited by AdvancED, which is an international educational network that has accredited 30,000 public and private schools throughout the United States and 70 countries worldwide.
*6th and 7th graders have their classes together. They make up one grade level. The students are leveled by math abilities and English proficiency.